How to apply for a mobility/internationalisation grant:
The Department of Political and Social Sciences devotes part of its budget to the EBES programme which aims at helping pre-doctoral students to finance brief stays in centres of research and presentations at international congresses. Active participation in conferences with selective acceptance procedures is an important training in doctoral programme. Also during this confinament period PhD students can request one EBES grant for a training activites in virtual format.
The call is annual from January to December.
The EBES are authorized by the Academic Committee of the Phd Programa.
The grants program is available to the students enrolled in the Ph.D. Programme in Political and Social Sciences. Active participation in the activities of the Department will be a prerequisite for obtaining the grant.
2. Purpose of the call
Research Stays: To facilitate the completion of the thesis at the UPF, through co-financing the cost of travel and stay in other research centers of recognized prestige, in order to deepen the knowledge of new techniques, methods, search or content issues closely related to their thesis.
Congress, seminars and workshops: Stimulate the mechanisms of exchange of information and scientific knowledge by presenting research at conferences, symposia and international events for researchers from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
Online training activities during the pandemic period
3. Key items
4. The fundable concepts and booking procedures
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Pl. De la Mercè, 10-12
- Completed application form and submit to Ana Salas ([email protected])
- Written acceptance of the organization of the host institution.
6. After the congress or stay
Attendance certificates, original receipts and invoices must be presented.
* The Administration of the Universitat Pompeu Fabray has notified us in 22/04/2015 that they are not going to pay receipts from the Airbnb company's costumers. The reason is that the provider service does not emit an invoice and the justification of an accommodation's must necessarily be legally issued by an invoice and with a identification of the third party that has delivered it.
7. For your information, the Department is currently an institutional member of the following academic associations:
ECSR (European Consortium for Sociological Research)
The ECSR organizes yearly conferences and annual graduate schools. It offers visitor grants for graduate students and awards a yearly prize for the best PhD thesis among candidates from the ECSR member institutes. It provides funding to organize thematic conferences and network workshops.
The ESA aims to facilitate sociological research, teaching and communication between sociologists, sociologists and other scientists, and to give sociology a voice in European affairs. Its focus is the development of sociological knowledge. The Department is an institutional member. However, this membership brings nothing on the person level such as discounts or benefits for conference attendance.
ECPR (European Consortium for Political Research)
The ECPR core purpose is to advance the field of political science, by bringing academics at all stages of their career together from across the world to share ideas, publish research and grow their networks. From this membership stems a network of tens of thousands of individuals, all of whom benefit from ECPR membership; from PhD student to Emeritus Professor.
Check out regularly for upcoming conferences and research stay opportunities!