In order to prepare your working contract at UPF, you must obtain and send us the documents stated below:

Documents that you can already send us (scanned and, if possible, in pdf format):

- Copy of your passport.

- Copy of your degree.

- Form 145 (IRPF - personal income tax). Please print, fill in, sign and send it to us.

- Curriculum vitae.                                                                        

- Contact address (in your country) and mobile number.

- A photo (passport size).


Documents that you need to obtain:

1 - Copy of your Certificate of registration Number of EU citizens (Spanish NIE number).

2 - Copy of your Spanish Social Security number.

3 - Copy of your Spanish bank account number (IBAN).


We explain you how you can get these three documents:

1 - Certificate of registration Number of EU citizens (Spanish NIE number)

1.1. The first step to obtain this certificate is to make an appointment via the Cita previa website:

Fill in the fields with your personal data and choose the date and time that suit you for your appointment. 

Please take into account the following information:

- Set up this appointment at least a month and a half or two months before you arrive in Barcelona.

- You must be in Barcelona the day and time you choose because this process must be done in person. On that day you must bring with you the work visa you will have obtained from the Spanish embassy in your country.

-  Probably you will try several times to make an appointment because often there are no dates available. Please insist on this procedure.

- In case you need to change the appointed date, the system will not allow you to make a new appointment until a month and a half after of the date chosen.

1.2. Once you have the appointment to obtain the NIE but before going to the police station, you must:

- Come to our secretariat to pick up a certificate of your future contract at UPF.

- Apply for a Proof of residence in Barcelona (empadronamiento)


2 - Copy of your Spanish Social Security number

Once you have your Certificate of registration of EU citizen (NIE), you should apply for the Social Security Number (T.A.1).


3 - Copy of your Spanish bank account number (IBAN)

You must open a bank account in a local bank. 


Finally, please send us a scanned copy of all these documents. If you need help processing all these documents, you can also contact the Mobility and Reception Office of this university.


About Barcelona