In order to be admitted to Biomedicine PhD Programme offered by UPF, candidates must provide accreditation that they have obtained an accredited undergraduate degree (Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution).
Moreover, they have to proof that they have obtained or are in position to obtain an accredited graduate/master's degree(equivalent to a Spanish Master Universitario/Oficial, Master's of Research.... ) which enables them to access a Phd programme in their home country.
In order to access to a doctoral programme at UPF, you need to have completed 300 ECTS credits, 60 of those have to correspond to an official graduate, research orientated master's programme.
Students holding one of the following degrees are not required to have completed a Master’s degree:
Mandatory documents to be submitted
- Spanish DEA (Diploma de Estudios Avanzados) according to RD 778/1998
- Suficiencia Investigadora according to RD185/1985
- undergraduate degree of 300 ECTS credits (such as Medicine...)
- undergraduate degrees with the equivalence to MECES level 3, according to RD 697/2014
- A photocopy of the undergraduate degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion (Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution).
- A photocopy of the official final undergraduate transcript.
If you have finished your Master's degree when you formalise your application, you will need to send us the following documents:
- A photocopy of the graduate/master's degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion.
- A photocopy of the official final graduate/master's transcript .
However, if you have not yet completed your graduate/master's studies when formalising application, you will need to provide us with the following documents:
- A signed declaration of obtaining your graduate/master's degree before the commencement of the PhD programme.
- A photocopy of the provisional graduate/master's transcript.
If the diploma or the academic transcript are not written in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Portuguese or Italian, you will also have to include the respective sworn translations into Catalan or Spanish.
Students holding a Spanish DEA (Diploma de Estudios Avanzados) according to RD 778/1998 / Suficiencia Investigadora according to RD185/1985 or an undergraduate degree of 300 ECTS credits (such as Medicine...) will not need to have completed a master's degree.
All candidates must also present the following mandatory documents:
The PhD Programme in Biomedicine requires that the research group hosting the PhD student has funds to guarantee the viability of the research project and the thesis supervisor must declare in the letter of acceptance (see below under mandatory documents) the name and reference of the project that will provide funds to conduct the research of the doctoral student.
- Letter of acceptance into a laboratory
- Personal and research data of the PhD thesis supervisor (Only in case the PhD thesis supervisor does not belong to the UPF)
- Please, ask your future thesis supervisor to complete this form in order to collect this personal and research data.
- Once filled, he/she will receive a copy of the responses via email. Ask him/her to keep a copy of these answers in a pdf document so you can upload during the registration process.
- Acceptance letter signed by a UPF Principal Investigator to act as tutor of the student. (Only in case the PhD thesis supervisor does not belong to the UPF/CRG/IBE/EMBL)
- Only doctors with a UPF stable contractual link can be thesis tutors. In case of breaking this relationship with the University before the thesis submission, it will be necessary to look for a new UPF tutor who supports the thesis.
- Research project (Short description of the future project that will be developed to specify the field of research).
- Identity Card or Passport.