In order to be admitted to History PhD Programme offered by UPF, candidates must provide accreditation that they have obtained an accredited undergraduate degree (Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution).
Moreover, they have to proof that they have obtained or are in position to obtain an accredited graduate/master's degree(equivalent to a Spanish Master Universitario/Oficial, Master's of Research.... ) which enables them to access a Phd programme in their home country.
In order to access to a doctoral programme at UPF, you need to have completed 300 ECTS credits, 60 of those have to correspond to an official graduate, research orientated master's programme.
Students holding one of the following degrees are not required to have completed a Master’s degree:
- Spanish DEA (Diploma de Estudios Avanzados) according to RD 778/1998
- Suficiencia Investigadora according to RD185/1985
- undergraduate degree of 300 ECTS credits (such as Medicine...)
- undergraduate degrees with the equivalence to MECES level 3, according to RD 697/2014
Mandatory documents to be submitted
- A photocopy of the undergraduate degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion (Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution).
- A photocopy of the official final undergraduate transcript.
If you have finished your Master's degree when you formalise your application, you will need to send us the following documents:
- A photocopy of the graduate/master's degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion.
- A photocopy of your official final graduate/master's transcript .
However, if you have not yet completed your graduate/master's studies when formalising application, you will need to provide us with the following documents:
- A signed declaration of obtaining your graduate/master's degree before the commencement of the master's programme.
- A photocopy of the provisional graduate/master's transcript.
If the diploma or the academic transcript are not written in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Portuguese or Italian, you will also have to include the respective sworn translations into Catalan or Spanish.
Students holding a Spanish DEA (Diploma de Estudios Avanzados) according to RD 778/1998 / Suficiencia Investigadora according to RD185/1985 or an undergraduate degree of 300 ECTS credits (such as Medicine...) will not need to have completed a master's degree.
All candidates must also present the following mandatory documents (please provide a photocopy):
- To present a research project which corresponds to any of the research lines of the doctoral programme.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Identity Card or Passport.