Back 6th Workshop for secondary school teachers
6th Workshop for secondary school teachers
On July 11th 2023 will take place the 6th editon of the workshop for secondary school teachers organized by the Jean Monnet Chair in EU Governance (UPF): "European Union, citizenship and public opinion. What do European citizens know and what do they think about the EU?".
On July 11th 2023 will take place the 6th editon of the workshop for secondary school teachers organized by the Jean Monnet Chair in EU Governance (UPF): "European Union, citizenship and public opinion. What do European citizens know and what do they think about the EU?". It is a free workshop and you can get an attendance certificate. This year the event will be held in a hybrid format:
- Online (once you fulfil the registration form we will send you the session link):
Registration form: https://forms.gle/a7LbTN3mds4ggtPW9
Registration deadline: June 5th 2023
- Mercè Rodoreda Auditorium, Campus Ciutadella, Pompeu Fabra University.
Once again, we will have Dr. Andrea Noferini (CEI, International Affairs and UPF) and Ms. Concepció Muñoz (documentalist of the European Documentation Center of the Autonomous University of Barcelona) as speakers.
Programme of the workshop
What do Europeans think about the European Union? What is the degree of trust in the European institutions? How much territorial inequality is there in the EU? How many European families are at risk of poverty? This workshop aims to increase knowledge about the EU based on evidence, data and facts that describe specific problems of the integration process.
Through a problem-based methodology, the workshop provides examples, narratives and pedagogical materials that serve to bring closer knowledge about the EU from the analysis of real problems (public opinion and populism, territorial and social inequalities, gender gap, green transition and sustainability, etc..).
The workshop focuses on getting familiar with some of the main sources and statistical materials about the EU, such as the Eurobarometers, Eurostat databases and interactive materials. The workshop is aimed at secondary school teachers and education professionals who deal with topics related to the EU.
The specific objectives of the workshop consist of:
- Familiarize teachers with the main statistical sources of the EU and about the EU and how these can be used for teaching.
- Discuss what is the most effective way to introduce the EU in teaching.
- Promote didactic and pedagogical instruments that are useful for the introduction of the EU in secondary schools.
- Provide examples and simplified case studies that can be used in class.
Contents of the workshop:
- Presentation of the Workshop
- Introduction of the participants
- Problem-based learning and its application in teaching
- Teaching and training tools (Concepció Muñoz, CDE)
- Questions & Answers