The Online Master Program in Terminology is the advanced educational level of the online program on Terminology and a 75-credit course. To obtain the Master diploma, students have to pass 65 compulsory credits, which include a 10-credit tutorized final project, and 10 optional credits.
The objectives of this online superior level course on terminology are:
- To integrate the knowledge necessary to become a qualified professional on terminology or to participate in other professional activities where terminology and terminography knowledge is required.
- To deepen in the knowledge and the skills acquired during the previous levels, so that students can achieve a solid formation to work with initiative and autonomously and direct terminology projects.
The Online Master on Terminology is a modular program course that can be done sequentially in a 18-24-month period, or that permits to be followed by students with an own work pace, because all modules are offered every two years.
Students have to attend and pass the following compulsory modules:
* Convalidation of the Online Postgraduate Course on Introduction to Terminology: the student must submit an official statement of a previous academic training.
To achieve the required 75 credits to obtain the Master diploma, 10 optional credits must be done and passed from the following modules:
Value: 10 compulsory credits to obtain the Master certificate.
The project will consist in a terminography work where all theoretical, methodological and technical knowledge acquired during the Post-graduate course, the Diploma and the Workshops will be put into practice.
Each student will be assigned an advisor who will give him/her permanently advice on the work.
The minimal features of the work will be the following:
- Multilingual glossary (three language minimum) with a presentation of the project.
- Specialized Subject (with advisor agreement)
- No less than 75 entries (depending on the project model)
- Conceptual organization of the vocabulary content
- The work must be developed in a data base. Category codes will be suggested by the advisor. Compulsory fields: entry, grammatical category, term source, subject code, conceptual organization code, context or definition, context or definition source, variants and synonyms , equivalents in other languages, equivalents source.
The candidate selection will be rigorously based on registration order until the maximum number of students be complete.
Qualification and Academic Value
Students will obtain the qualification of Master on Terminology Diploma awarded by Pompeu Fabra University after following, participating in and passing the 75 credits including the Master program compulsory modules (Post-graduated course, Diploma, Methodological workshop and Final project).
* European Credit Transfer System. 1 ECTS credit equals a total approximate dedication of 25 hours by the participant, including teaching hours and independent work.
The program will be taught in English.
Price: 3800 €
Only credit and debit cards accepted. Remember to check the limit of your credit card