Departmental Case Studies
UPF Information Resources
The UPF Library & IT Services are a set of professionals who provide library, computing, and audiovisual quality services to the UPF. Their mission is to contribute to innovation and excellence in teaching, learning, research, and management of the university community.
- JSTOR ( UPF Access ) Full text database of more than 1,300 prestigious scholarly English language journals. Archive access covers from the very start of publication to a cutoff point around 5 years ago. Each year another year's worth of back content is added to the archive. Journals are grouped in several subject categories, principally social sciences and humanities. The full list of titles can be found at the Jstor site.
- ABI/INFORM Complete ( UPF Access ) Bibliographic database, containing over 3,000 articles journals in different areas of the economy. It contains full-text articles with pictures and graphics, including The Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. Chronological scope: from 1971 to present. In addition, it provides the following resources:
- EIU ViewsWire. Coverage of business and economic events around the world.
- ProQuest Business Dissertations. Access to over 18,000 full-text theses and dissertations.
- Business Cases. Includes more than 5,200 documents from the plublishers IVey, Thunderbird, Idea Group, and Darden.
- Linking to Safari Business Books OnlineTM.
- EconLit ( UPF Access ) The American Economic Association's bibliographical database, an important source of references for economic literature. It include abstracts of books, journal articles, working papers, etc., as well as links to some full text articles. It contain more than 785,000 records of economic research dating back to 1969.
- Additional Economic and Business Databases (UPF access)
- E-Statistics at the Univesitat Pompeu Fabra A guide to finding statistics for several geographic areas (Catalonia, Spain, other countries), and also by subject.
- Working papers General research retreival services and a selection of important organisations with full-text working papers.
- Search engines and directories in Economics and Business