Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and is the second largest city of Spain. It has a population of 1,500,000. The city's origins can be traced back to the first century before Christ and the Roman colony of Barcino. Its two thousand years of history have left their mark on the city's architectural, artistic and cultural heritage. Its excellent location in terms of international communication, its Mediterranean climate and its cosmopolitan character make it a particularly privileged city.
You can find further information on Living in Barcelona by visiting:
- This web is specially dedicated to people coming to study at the UPF and it has a section dedicated to "Living in Barcelona".
- The official website of the city Town Hall. You can find useful information, adresses and news about cultural activities.
- This well-known series of guidebook's website tells you the latest, subjective tourist information on Barcelona.
- Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona - Everything you ever wanted to know about the excellent public transportation system in Barcelona.
- Turisme de Barcelona is a consortium dedicated to promote the city as a tourist destination.
- In this web you'll find a photo of most buildings in the city, just by typing the exact address. Useful when searching for an apartment. You can also use it as yellow pages and map finder.
- This site is a guide for researchers, where you may find information and support to do research in Catalonia.