Designing blended learning with edCrumble
The workshop will allow participants to learn how to design blended learning activities and plan blended learning courses using edCrumble. It is a practical workshop where assistants will work on their computers designing an specific unit of learning and will be able to explore the functionalities of the tool, including among others:
- generating the syllabus of the course;
- using a visual representation of the course to reflect on the created design;
- analysing the generated design analytics by the tool and purpose possible design improvements;
- sharing designs within the online community and learn from others;
Links to tools/resources/projects
- Link to the tool which will be used during the workshop.
Main goal: Introduction to edCrumble, a tool that supports the process of designing blended learning courses (which combine face to face classes with online activities) within a community of educators.
Audience: Teachers in all educational levels, educational designers.
Question/s related to the workshop:
- How can I design and plan effective blended learning activities?
- How can I know which are the most appropriate educational tools to use in my activities?How can I balance the in-class and out-of class workload taking into account the use of technology and the face to face interactions?
- How can I document and evaluate my teaching for later improvement?
- How can I share my activities and learn from others?
- Teaching Planning and Management Competence: Design, guide and develop content, training and evaluation activities, and other resources related to teaching and learning, so that the results are valued and related improvement proposals are elaborated.
- Innovation Competence: Create and apply new knowledge, perspectives, methodologies and resources in the different dimensions of teaching activity, aimed at improving the quality of the teaching-learning process.
- Digital competence: Use an pedagogical online learning design tool which facilitates the planning of blended courses.