TIDE is very active contributing to Learning Technologies research community initiatives. For example, the Head of Group is Vice-President of the European Association of Technology-Enhanced Learning, member of the Steering Committee of the European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, and Chair of the IEEE ICICLE Learning Technologies Data Standards SIG.
TIDE curates the "Educational Data Analytics Community" in Zenodo: http://zenodo.org/communities/edudata/
From time to time, TIDE hosts community activities, e.g. FutureLearn Academic Network meeting
TIDE members participate regularly in conference program committees and serve as peer reviewers for journals in the field. They are also active co-editing special issues in journals and co-organizing workshops held in conjunction with international conferences, some examples include:
- Martínez-Maldonado, R., Pardo, A., Hernández-Leo, D., (Eds) Multimodal Learning Analytics & Personalized Support across Spaces, User modelling and user-adapted interaction (UMUAI) Journal, 2019.
- Hernández-Leo, D., Rodríguez-Triana, M.J., Inventado, P.S., Mor, Y., (Eds) Connecting Learning Design and Learning Analytics, Journal of Interaction Design & Architecture(s), 2017, 33.
- Garreta-Domingo, M., Sloep, P., Hernández-Leo, D., Mor, Y. (Eds). Learning design for teacher professional development, International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education, 2017, 14:36, https://doi.org/10.1186/s41239-017-0074-x
- Hernández-Leo, D., Vicent, Ll. (Eds.), Aligned, Embedded and Scalable Assessment Technologies, Journal of Universal Computer Science, 2015, 21(8).
- Mor, Y., Craft, B., Hernández-Leo, D. (Eds): The art and science of learning design. Journal of Research in Learning Technologies, 2013, vol. 21: 22513 – http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/rlt.v21i0.22513
- Delgado-Kloos, C., Hernández-Leo, D., Asensio-Pérez, J.I., (Eds) Technology for learning across physical and virtual spaces. Journal of Universal Computer Science, vol. 18, no. 15 (2012).
- Hernández-Leo, D. (Ed.) Special Issue on Technology-Augmented Physical Educational Spaces. Bulletin of the IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technology, Volume 14, Issue 4, October 2012, IEEE Computer Society.
- Hernández-Leo, D., Håklev, S., 1st Workshop on the “Profession” in Technology-Enhanced Learning: Open Science, ECTEL 2018. https://www.upf.edu/web/tide/eatelworkshop
- Prieto, L.P., Martínez-Maldonado, R., Spikol, D., Hernández-Leo, D., Rodríguez-Triana, M.J., Ochoa, X., Joint Proceedings of the Sixth Multimodal Learning Analytics (MMLA) Workshop and the Second Cross-LAK Workshop co-located with 7th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference, 2017 http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1828
- Martínez-Maldonado, R., Hernández-Leo, D., Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Learning Analytics Across Physical and Digital Spaces co-located with 6th International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge, 2016, http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1601/
Proceedings of chaired conferences:
- Hernández-Leo, D., Ley, T., Klamma, R., Harrer, A. (Eds) Scaling up Learning for Sustained Impact, LNCS 8095, Proceedings of the 8th European Conference, on Technology Enhanced Learning, EC-TEL 2013, Paphos, Cyprus, September 17-21, 2013.
- Ravenscroft, A.; Lindstaedt, S.; Kloos, C.D.; Hernández-Leo, D. (Eds.) 21st Century Learning for 21st Century Skills, 7th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, EC-TEL 2012, Saarbrücken, Germany, September 18-21, 2012, Proceedings, Series: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 7563, Subseries: Programming and Software Engineering (Available on-line)