Designing and implementing Collaborative Learning with Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is a challenge for both novel and experienced teachers in face to face and online contexts. It requires a good understanding of social learning and hands on experience.
This course offers a pragmatic approach to the use of ICT tools for supporting Collaborative Learning in everyday teaching practice. The course introduces well-known Collaborative Learning techniques as well as a web-based community environment for facilitating the design and enactment of those techniques using widely-used technological tools (Virtual Learning Environments such as Moodle, web 2.0 tools as Google Drive, etc.)
WEEK 0 - Course information and preliminary steps
WEEK 1 - Warming up and Collaborative Learning Primer
WEEK 2 - Collaborative Learning and ICT for Students and Teachers
WEEK 3 - Designing and implementing Collaborative Pyramids with the ILDE
WEEK 4 - Designing and implementing Collaborative Jigsaws with the ILDE
WEEK 5 - My own Collaborative Learning Design project
Links to tools/resources/projects
Universities: University of Valladolid (Spain), University Pompeu Fabra.
Main goal: This course targets secondary and higher education teachers who are interested in learning how to design and implement collaborative learning activities with the use of ICT as part of their everyday practice.
Audience: The course is especially aimed at innovative Secondary, Vocational Training and Higher Education teachers (both in-service and pre-service). Nevertheless, teachers from other educational levels/domains are also welcome. Indeed, everybody interested in the innovative use of technology for learning is welcome!
- To know and apply well-known strategies for structuring Collaborative Learning situations.
- To design “non-trivial” Collaborative Learning situations with the help of purpose-specific ICT tools.
- Beyond the use of a discussion forum or the collaborative writing of reports).
- Design support tool: INTEGRATED LEARNING DESIGN ENVIRONMENT (ILDE)
- To implement (and test) Collaborative Learning situations using existing ICT tools.
- Virtual Learning Environments (e.g., Moodle), Web 2.0 tools (e.g., Google Drive).
- Web 2.0 tools (e.g., Google Drive)