UPF Education Abroad Programs are very challenging and specifically designed for undergraduate junior students (those in their third year of a four-year program) in a higher education institution.
In order to be eligible for admission consideration, applicants must fulfill the following academic requirements:
- Applicants should come from a university or study abroad provider that has a study abroad partnership with UPF.
- Applicants should be Junior or Senior students (3rth or 4th year degree students) when applying.
- Applicants should have a minimum GPA at their schools of origin (at the moment of the nomination):
|Program||Barcelona Program for Interdisciplinary Studies (BaPIS)||ESCI-UPF International Business||BISS||Basic Biomedical Sciences Program||ICT||IBEI-UPF International Relations||Experiential Learning|
- Applicants who wish to take content courses instructed in Spanish should have completed at least four semesters of college-level Spanish for following some of the courses. Please, check our courses syllabi in order to get more details about the Spanish Language requirements for each course.
|Program||Additional information about language requirements|
|ESCI-UPF International Business Program||The program is suitable for students with a strong command of Spanish and for those wishing to take courses only in English, as it includes courses taught in both English and Spanish. Please, note that to take courses taught in Spanish, students are strongly advised to have completed at least four semesters of college-level Spanish.|
Basic Biomedical Sciences Program
Students with a strong command of Spanish may participate in observation activities, as long as their language and other skills enable efficient communication with others in the experiential-learning setting.
|ICT Program||The program is suitable for both students with a strong command of Spanish and beginners, as courses at the UPF Polytechnic School are taught in English.|
|IBEI-UPF International Relations Program||The program may suit students with a good understanding of Spanish, as well as those with only one semester of Spanish language, since most courses are instructed in English|
|The program is open to students who have a strong command of Spanish (the equivalent of at least 4 semesters of prior language instruction).|
1- Once applicants are selected by their home institutions, our office will send them a link to the UPF on-line application system and instructions.
The following documentation must be uploaded during the on-line application:
- Copy of passport.
- 1 passport-style picture.
- Copy of proof of health insurance that covers the student's stay in Barcelona / UPF.
- A copy of student's transcript of records stating that they are junior standing students.
- Proof of Spanish language level requirements as established in admission requirements (only if this is not shown in the transcript of records).
- Proof of Credit Transfer to certify that the courses taken at UPF will transfer to the student's official transcript of records (please, refer to the sending institution about this process).
2- Admission: Our staff will review the documents for the student's admission and the student will be notified.
3- On-line applications must be formalized within the stated deadlines:
- May 30th for the Fall term and Full Year students (September start).
- October 30th for the Winter or/and Spring term (January start and/or April start).
- May 15th for the Barcelona Summer School (June start). Please, refer to the admissions procedures (here).