A number of transversal actions aim at consolidating the department as a reference research center in the topics related to knowledge extraction. It includes promoting transversal methodologies related to knowledge extraction; establishing better connections and synergies between the research groups and with the international leading organisations in academic, industrial and social contexts; organizing educational and training events (see section events for additional information on scientific events).
SOMMA (Alliance of Severo Ochoa Centers and María de Maeztu Units)
The SOMMA Alliance aims to promote science of excellence in Spain and safeguard its competitiveness. As part of this work, SOMMA is generating policy documents and involving the key stakeholders in their discussion, to promote that the Spanish R&D system remains competitive.
Cooperation with the UPF María de Maeztu Unit at CEXS Department
María de Maeztu Gender and ICT program
Technology is present in every aspect of our lives. The lack of gender diversity in ICT becomes an issue of social and economic importance. A central aspect in our strategy to strengthen our knowledge extraction activities is to infuse diversity in all of them. The program is named after María de Maeztu, a pioneer in promoting the access to higher education for women in Spain.
- American Space - support to the regular program, American Space Bibl. Ignasi Iglesias - Can Fabra
- Public Libraries - supporting ICT courses at the network of Public Libraries in Barcelona
- Joint program with Escola Drassanes at Barcelona downtown
- My EcoMobility Datathon 2018
- RAVALSTEAM project with Pla de Barris - Barcelona City Council
- Makers a les aules project, with Barcelona Activa
- Humanitarian Action - MSF - supporting the creation of a Missing Maps community in Barcelona
- Participatory Democracy
- Metadecidim Lab - open and collaborative research space which revolves around the challenges that technology raise with respect to the transformation of politic participation, launched by Barcelona City Council
- #EscuelaCivica - citizen empowerment using technology, launched by several civic associations
Transfer: Open Science and Innovation
Working Groups on different topics
- Deep Learning
- Software Development