The researchers involved in the project Understanding and Improving Social Interactions in Online Participation Platforms in cooperation with Tecnopolítica (IN3-UOC), take part in the seminar series Metadecidim Lab, launched by the Barcelona City Council in the context of the development and deployment of the Decidim platform.
Metadecidim Lab is an open and collaborative research space which revolves around the challenges that technology raise with respect to the transformation of politic participation. New systems, such as Decidim, are changing the traditional paradigm of citizen participation in the political sphere.here)
- Metadecidim Annual Workshop. 26-28 October 2017, Ed. Vèrtex, UPC. Call for papers, deadline Sept. 12th.
Every third Friday, between March and June, an open seminar in our Campus will deal different aspects.
- 06.10.2017: Democratic innovation guided by simulated models
Speakers: Jordi Cabot (ICREA, UOC), Cristina Chumillas (drupal.cat), David Rozas (Univ. Surrey), Malcolm Bain (idLaw partners).
Speakers: Mariona Ferrer, Researcher, Dept. Political and Social Sciences, UPF; Karina Gibert, Professor, UPC, director of KEMLG research group; Sabrina Presti, BSc in mathematics and computer sciences, UPC.
- 19.05.2017: Investigating new democratic governance models for new scales of cities. Program and registration. (Program in Spanish)
Speakers: Miguel Robles Duran (The New School / Parsons School of Design), Laia Torras (Responsable de Participació d’Ecologia Urbana de l’Ajuntament de Barcelona), third speaker to be confirmed. Fila 0: Ton Salvadó, Director de Model Urbà de l’ Ajuntament de Barcelona i David Bravo, arquitecte, a més d’altres invitades per confirmar.
Summary and interviews here
- 21.04.2017: Strategies of engagement for democracy
- 17/03/2017: Digital identities, verification and democràtic processes.
Next sessions will be
- 16.06.2017: Political Gamification
Information, registration and material from the sessions available in this link