Other actions to promote it:
- 19 Jan 2017. DTIC seminars. Why Reproducibility Matters? A personal Experience. Sertan Sertül, MTG. Slides at Zenodo.
- 25 Nov 2016, 10:00h, Room 55.309. Christian Barillot, CNRS and editor in Chief Frontiers in ICT.
Title: Imaging biomarkers: algorithms, open data and infrastructure for neurological disorders
A particular challenge is to find correlations between brain structures at the morphometric, structural, metabolic or functional level through a large set of multimodal images. MRI is the premier means to study the human brain through various acquisition protocols. This presentation will illustrate this challenge through the use of novel cellular or structural MRI protocols able to provide relevant information at the cellular or micro-structural level.
Technological perspectives will be also provided about general issues of Medical Imaging as a Service in the context of the emerging open data services and digital infrastructures. After introducing the general context, some examples will be provided of how these new services can be implemented, and applied to neurological diseases, and especially Multiple Sclerosis.
- 24 Nov 2016. PhD Seminars. Ana Baiges
Title: Scientific Dissemination, Online Repositories, and Author's Rights.
- 3 Nov 2016. PhD Seminars. Aurelio Ruiz
Title: Reproducibility in research.
Abstract: An objective of the María de Maeztu Strategic Research Program is “to increase the impact of our research by increasing the impact of the publications, datasets and software tools, and take advantage of this impact to establish and consolidate partnerships”. It includes actions to promote that the research results, datasets and tools are discoverable, interpretable and reusable, including the publication of the data and software together with the publications. During this session, we will discuss some of the topics linked to "reproducible research", including the increasing requirements in making datasets and computer code available by funding agencies, publishers and potential mechanisms to promote it in our organisation being elaborated in the context of the Maria de Maeztu program.
Ongoing draft document within MdM for good practices for discussion in this link
- At the Annual Event 2016 (June 28-29, free attendance), Reproducibility will be the subject of one of the keynote talks,
- Victoria Stodden (University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign)
- DTIC Seminars
- 19 May 2016: Malcolm Bain. Software licensing – from basic to advanced licensing and business models
- 12 May 2016: Aurelio Ruiz. Reproducibility in Research.
- María de Maeztu Reproducibility Award - PhD workshop 2016
- Additional details on this news
- Award for Reproducibility in Software - Best ICT Bachelor's Thesis in Spain 2016
Video of the award ceremony
- Data management: The UPF Library supports you in several aspects linked to Data Management, including the possibility to use the UPF repository to preserve your data. Check here for more details.