Web Content Display
The RAVALSTEAM project was launched in the course 2018-19 to support the work of teachers working in the promotion of interest in STEAM activities in schools of the Ciutat Vella district in Barcelona (the Drassanes School and the Milà i Fontanals High School), based on the success of the previous collaborations established in 2017-18 (details). After obtaining one of the Barcelona Innovation in Education Awards by the City Council, RAVALSTEAM continues during 2019-20, in order to consolidate the activities.
During 2019-20, UPF will offer 90 additional training hours to the Institut Milà i Fontanals (IMF) and Drassanes School.
- In the case of Drassanes School, the project will focus on developing a broad STEAM strategy for the whole school ("FEM CIÈNCIA"). It has included the design of a school-wide scheme for the program, the support to the teachers and the link the projects at each class with external initiatives, including UPF ones such as Makers a les aules, Bretxes Digitals (action #RavalKm0 in cooperation with Tot Raval), cooperation with ELISAVA and Robothics with CosiCosa.tech.
- In IMF the support to interactive and digital media will continue, and we start a cooperation on 3D printing.
- Both center have initiated a joint line around 3D printing, providing primary school students interested in STEAM a continuity line with the high school center.
RAVALSTEAM has been awarded one of the Barcelona Innovation in Education Awards!RAVALSTEAM 2018-19
The program includes 100 hours of work of UPF researchers in each of the centers. The program has been designed specifically to align with the educational projects of the centers, to include research results by the different teams working at DTIC-UPF on educational technologies and collaborative processes, and the inclusion of gender-perspective in actions promoting the interest in STEAM areas:
- Milà i Fontanals: Interactive design (using technologies such as arduino, 3D printing or programming) and the design of a new digital magazine by students (by Marie Monique Schaper and Laura Malinverni)
- Drassanes School: 3D printing, interactive design and videogame design with Scratch (by Patricia Santos, Marie Monique Schaper and Milica Vujovic)
The actions include an impact assessment of the activities, the use of the ILDE collaborative platform for teachers and the results of the ChangeMakers project on Design Thinking applied to classroom, all from the Research Group on Educational Technologies at UPF and linked to the María de Maeztu Educational Data Science project.
The RAVALSTEAM project was launched in the course 2018-19 to support the work of teachers working in the promotion of interest in STEAM activities in schools of the Ciutat Vella district in Barcelona (the Drassanes School and the Milà i Fontanals High School), based on the success of the previous collaborations established in 2017-18 (details).
The program is supported by the Pla de Barris raval Sud - Gòtic Sud of the Barcelona City Council.
- RAVALSTEAM, un proyecto educativo para Ciutat Vella (El Economista, 12/11/2018). Original UPF press release.