The new online courses, a great success among students!
Feel like a local thanks to the Spanish Program!
Everyone above 16 is welcomed.
9 students out of 10 recommend our courses!
The orientation of the Winter Program, an eight-week course, is communicative, both in aims and the methodology used. This means that in addition to rigorous training in grammar, this course will provide students with the necessary resources to communicate in Spanish correctly and appropriately in different areas.
- Contact hour and type of course: 30 contact hours; live videoconferences online classes (75 teaching-learning hours in total)
- ECTS credits: Up to 3 ECTS credits. To obtain credits for extracurricular activities, you will need to be awarded a certificate and send it to your academic coordinator at your home university (FAQ). Your home university will decide how many credits you are awarded. At the UPF, if you are an international undergraduate student, you can be awarded 3 ECTS credits per course and up to 6 ECTS credits (see here current regulation).
- UPF Certificate: Certificate with level CEFR achieved
- Number of students per group: 10 minimum; 20 maximum
- Who can enrol: Everyone over the age of 16
The online course consists of the following:
- LIVE SESSIONS. Classes will take place live online during the course, with the whole group, using either the Zoom or the Collaborate platform.
- ONLINE AND OFFLINE ACTIVITIES. Different dynamics of activities will be generated, individually and/or in groups, some of them during the class and some others after the class in order for you to do the programmed self study activities. In this sense, depending on the type of activity, different work groups will be set up: forums, online rooms for specific groups, chats, etc.
- SELF STUDY. You will be provided with some exercises and activities that will have to be completed during the sessions or after them, such as written exercises, speaking activities, readings, various consolidation exercises, etc.
- PERSONALIZED ATTENTION. Both in the live classes and throughout the course, you will receive constant personalized attention from the teacher. In addition, you will have one personalized hour-long video conference session per week to consult your teacher about any doubts you may have.
- AULA GLOBAL. The teacher will make videos explaining the different linguistic concepts of the course and will upload them into the Aula Global of the course so you can check them anytime you wish. So if you cannot attend a live session or you have any doubts about the concepts explained in class, you will be able to check the explanations as many times as you need. All the materials used in class and the answer keys of the exercises done in class will also be available on Aula Global.
- COURSE PLANNING. The teacher will also upload into Aula Global a document of the class sessions organization so that you know at all times how the different sessions will be organized, the topics that will be dealt with and the tools that will be used. Furthermore, the teacher will upload the plan of each session before it starts so, if you cannot attend the live class, you will have the chance to know the contents and materials used in that session.
WINTER PROGRAM: February 1 - March 23, 2021 [Course calendar]
[Course code 1675/2]
Beginner A1 / Elementary A2 / Intermediate B1 / Advanced B2 / Proficiency C1 / Mastery C2
Days of class:
- Monday & Wednesday (levels A2, B2 and C2)
- Tuesday & Thursday (levels A1, B1 and C1)
|Schedules:||You can choose between the morning group (9.30 - 11.30 am) or the evening one (6.30 - 8.30 pm)|
November 4 - January 20
You can enrol directly on the level you think you have to take. In order to confirm your enrolment on a level higher than A1, you will have to demonstrate your level by:
- sending a certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- taking this free online level test. Once you have taken the test, send us an email attaching a screenshot of the result obtained in the test and we will indicate the level you can take.
We will confirm your enrolment on the course once you have demonstrated your level and if necessary, we will change the level you have initially selected.
- The fee includes the teaching, the necessary material to follow the course and the UPF course certificate.
- Idiomes UPF reserves the right to cancel any course if the minimum required (10) is not reached. In this case, the fee for the course would be refunded.
If you enroll on a course which in the end you are unable to attend, Idiomes UPF will refund the full enrolment fee as long as you send us your request to [email protected] before the course starts. Otherwise, the fee for the course cannot be refunded.
How to enrol on the course
In order to enrol on the course, you just have to follow the following instructions:
For any queries, please contact us via the CAU platform.