Study with us
Most MTG researchers are involved as students or teachers in:
There are several undergraduate programs where MTG researchers teach and thus the students have the chance to get involved with MTG projects and activities:
- Bachelor's degree in Audiovisual Systems Engineering of the UPF
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering of the UPF
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematical Engineering in Data Science of the UPF
- Bachelor's degree in Music, specialty in Sonology of the ESMUC
Researchers of the MTG are behind the following online courses:
- Audio Signal Processing for Music Applications on Coursera
- North Indian Classical Music on Kadenze
- Cante Flamenco Tech on Miríadax_
Online Educational Materials
As part of courses and tutorials given by MTG researchers here are some useful educational materials:
- Audio Signal Processing for Music Applications, software and materials used in Audio Signal Processing class of SMC Master
- Music Information Retrieval, software used in MIR class of SMC Master
- Essentia Python tutorial, hands-on tutorial for complete newcomers to Essentia
- Computational Approaches for Analysis of Non-Western Music Traditions, materials of a tutorial given at ISMIR 2018
- Natural Language Processing for Music Information Retrieval, videos and materials of a tutorial given at ISMIR 2017
- Music Information Retrieval: Overview, Recent Developments, and Future Challenges, materials of a tutorial given at ISMIR 2016
- Jingju music: concepts and computational tools for its analysis, videos and materials of a tutorial given at ISMIR 2014
Work with us
The Music Technology Group is involved in different research, education and cultural initiatives by itself or in collaboration with other institutions. There are many ways in which interested people can collaborate or work with the MTG.
From time to time the MTG looks for candidates to fill research and/or development positions at different levels of salary and expertise. Interested people should contact us.
Currently, we do not have any open position.