Supporting female professionals in ICT and research:
- Gender and Technology by Civic Lab Barcelona
- We support this effort by Civic Lab Barcelona, OuiShare and Autentika to run initiatives based on Civic Tech related to the fight to reduce the digital gender gap and break the glass ceiling that makes it difficult for women in technology
- 08/11/2016: Launch of the program at MOB
- 17/01/2017: Gender & Wikipedia. UPF, Campus de la Comunicació, room 52.023. 17:00h - 21:00h. Talk by David Laniado & Viquimarató. Organised with ViquidonesUPF group.
- 11/02/2017: Girls and Technology International Day
- Women in Music Information Retrieval (WIMIR). Some highlights on this group
- Gender-related seminars and talks
- 18/05/2017: Gender Perspective in teaching TIC subjects. Inés Sánchez de Madariaga. UPM (UPF Igualtat and CLIK training)
- 14/11/2016: Gender and Science by Gender & Science Journal CLub. PhD seminars.
- 24/10/2016: Research, RMIT and Realities. Angela Dobele. Deputy Head (Research & Innovation), School Economics and Marketing, RMIT, and creator of "Women and Research Newsletter" (abstract and details here)
- Science and Gender Journal Club
Video: Remedying the (still too) slow advancement of women. V. Valian. Dept. of Psychology - Hunter College & CUNY Graduate Center (9 May 2016)
- Slides presentation "Gender and science". Gender and Science Journal Club, Pallabi Sengupta. PhD training seminars, 04/11/2016
- Blog Women in ICT
- Participation on Campus Junior 2017 "Analysing inequalities from a feminist perspective" with a ViquidonesUPF session and presentation of gender perspective in technology and the María de Maeztu gender and ICT program.
- September 18th 2017 - Presentation of the María de Maeztu Gender & ICT program at Campus Gutenberg
- July 21st 2017 - Participation at "feminizing tech"
- Presentation at 7th Workshop on Public Libraries and Social Cohesion of the gender perspective in the activities at the American Space.
- Aurelio Ruiz takes part in the round table at Univ. Vic. (In)visible technology and social change. (March 9th 2017, slides)
- Emilia Gómez - Special program Longitud de Onda in Radio Clásica on women in music technology (March 8th 2017)
- Mireia Farrús participates in Academic Sexism and Women in Technology, organised by the Gender and ICT research group at UOC (7 July 2016). Check her article with JM Basart and M. Serra "New ethical challenges for today engineering and technology", Telematics and Informatics, 2015
- Ana Freire and Marie Monique Schaper participate at Webvisions Women in Design and Tech Leadership Forum (6 July 2016)