Empowering girls with technology
Over 1.000 participants in our previous courses! For other actions for boys and girls check the overall social action program.
We can let you know when we launch a new action for Girls & Tech, just leave your e-mail here
- #GirlsTech Summer Camp 2018 at the American Space. Registration opens on June 8th. Details.
- Campus Junior 2018 - Girls in Data Science. More information
- May 19th 2018. Hosting the Technovation regional final. Read how it went (Spanish)
- #GirlsHack Day @ SokoTech. Mobile Week Barcelona, 17 Feb 2018 (description and registration)
- We support the execution of the Technovation Challenge in Barcelona.
- Oracle4Girls. December 2nd 2017. The initiative Oracle4Girls receives the award 12x12 Dona TIC (press release by Oracle and announcement by Catalan Government)
- GirlsTech Summer Camp (Barcelona on Digital Fabrication and Girona on Interactive Narratives, July 2017, by USA Consulate General Barcelona)
- Oracle4Girls event (June 10th 2017, with parallel event in Madrid by MujeresTech. 100 girls between 7-16 years old working on robotics, 3D printing and videogame design)
- 27 April: Girls in ICT Day: MujeresTech Summit BCN - Women in Data Science for 100 high-school students (bachillerato), letting girls and boys get to know active female data scientists, and an escape room!
- International Day of Girls and Women in Science (Feb 11th 2017). 100 girls learning several technologies and award ceremony of the Wisibilízalas contest to schools - Video at BTV
- Summer Course for Girls: #GirlsHack 3D Printing (building a prosthetic hand), July 2016, Campus Junior 2016, UPF
(At min 24:53 in TV3 news you can learn about this summer course)
- Novum - Festa de la Ciència (June 18-19 2016, Parc de la Ciutadella). Workshop Interaction and Scratch
- #GirlsHacks (joint activities with GirlsinLab).
- GirlsHack 29 November 2015
- GirlsHack 13 March 2016 (in the context of the International Women's Day and the Anita Borg Celebrations).
- Evaluation of this action in article "Lessons learned in promoting new technologies and engineering in girls through a girls hackathon and mentoring", presented at Edulearn16
- GirlsHack 29 June 2016
With the financial support of Google, Institut Català de les Dones, Accenture, Eurecat, and the collaboration of a wide range of entities (such as Edukative, BCN Civic Lab, Mujerestech, and a long etc) and over 120 volunteers. Check our blog post on the topic for details.