Our work provides a comprehensive coverage of all core MedTech technologies.
We strongly believe that breakthrough progress in medical technologies will come from a multidisciplinary team effort, involving both clinical and technological researchers, united by the goal of developing new concepts for prevention, diagnosis and treatment that exploit all converging technologies.
We have a strong focus on linking technological and theoretical science with physiological and clinical knowledge in internationally oriented excellent research.
Solutions to the industry and clinicians offered by BCN-MedTech allow:
• To define the research approach from the basic understanding of the disease towards the clinical study
• To select/design the appropriate investigational tools to assess and measure the relevant clinical parameters
• To quantify the diagnostic information (from clinical information to imaging data and biomedical signals)
• To suggest and implement alternative approaches towards therapy and to interpret the results and relate them to the pathophysiological knowledge and clinical medicine
• To develop computational systems and electronic devices for treatment support