All the members of the Network are related to research leading centres in their own countries, linked to leading Universities, and well connected with civil society and the main country’s institutions.
The Coordination of the Network is assured by the founding institution GRITIM-UPF (Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain), providing the headquarters in the University, and the Co-Coordination by CMRS-AUC (Cairo, Egypt). The main functions are ensuring efficient Management, Dissemination and Communication of all the initiatives and activities, streamlining new issues into the EuroMedMig agenda.
The main mission of the Steering Committee is to monitor annual activities and plan EuroMedMig's agenda, as well as decide together all the coordination initiatives and functions, associated membership and other potential collective decisions
Members are individual researchers and experts working on Mediterranean Migration interested to maintain a link with EuroMedMig and providing their knowledge for developing the main purposes of EuroMedMig. They will follow EuroMedMig agenda and they would be eventually participate in several of their activities.
If you are interested in being involved in EuroMedMig as a member, the requirements for membership are the following:
- Short bio (max. five pages) with main projects/publications related to Mediterranean Migration.
- Two letters of support from the Steering Committee.
- A letter of motivation stating why you want to join and how you wish to contribute (max. two pages).
- Mention in your motivation letter that you commit to writing a Working Paper within the first year and or make contributions to new EuroMedMig projects and initiatives.
- Submissions: [email protected], with subject line: "Submission for Membership".
Member Institutions (in alphabetical order)
- Albania: University of New York Tirana
- Algeria: Centre de Recherche en Économie Appliquée pour le Développement (CREAD)
- Belgium: Centre d'Etudes de l'Ethnicité et des Migration (CEDEM), University of Liège
- Egypt: Center for Migration and Refugee Studies (CMR), American University in Cairo
- France: Unité de Recherches Migrations et Société (URMIS), University of Nice
- Greece: Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP)
- Israel: Tel Aviv University
- Italy: European University Institute (EUI)
- Italy: Forum Internationale ed Europeo di Ricerche sull´Immigrazione (FIERI)
- Jordan: University of Jordan
- Lebanon: Institute of Social Justice and Conflict Resolution (ISJCR), Lebanese American University
- Morocco: Association Marocaine d’Etudes et de Recherches sur les Migrations (AMERM)
- Netherlands: Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Norway: Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO)
- Palestine: Palestinian Hydrology Group for Water and Environmental Resources Development (PHG)
- Portugal: Instituto de Geografia e Ordenamento do Território (IGOT-ULisboa), Universidade de Lisboa
- Spain: Grup Interdisciplinari de Recerca sobre Immigració (GRITIM-UPF), Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Tunisia: University of Sousse
- Turkey: Migration Research Center at Koç University (MiReKoc)
See below the members affiliated to these institutions: