Background Rationale & Content
This Working Paper Series is part of first a specific action within a three-year (2019-2022) Erasmus+ Jean Monnet Network Program (Project Reference: 611260-EPP-1-2019-1-ES-EPPJMO-NETWORK) entitled “Mapping European Mediterranean Migration Studies” (Acronym: EUMedMi) and coordinated by GRITIM-UPF.
The main purpose of EuroMedMig Working Paper Series is to disseminate research-in-progress that may contribute to the development of Mediterranean Migration Studies, with an effort to go beyond Eurocentrism, promote knowledge exchange between scholars from all the rims of the Mediterranean and beyond, and foster a Mediterranean Thinking in Migration research agenda. It has also the purpose to promote the potentialities of Migration for Mediterranean Regional Development, and to place Mediterranean Migration Studies within the Global Migration Agenda.
Mediterranean Migration dynamics and Governance systems with several clusters are covered:
- Migration and Mediterranean Geo-political international relations.
- Migration and Mediterranean Governance and Politics.
- Migration and Mediterranean Social and Cultural relations.
- Migration and Mediterranean Economic and Market relations.
The content is multidisciplinary, considering socio-demographic, political science, economics, law, anthropology and other social sciences disciplinary approaches. It has an explicit gender/ethical concern in dealing with migration related issues. It seeks to promote multi-sited comparative researches, multilevel analysis, intersectional focuses, both conceptual, theoretical and empirical led research.
EuroMedMig Working Paper Series is blind peer-reviewed.
Each Working Paper is open access with copyright creative common protection.
Advantages of publishing a Working Paper:
- As it goes through a double-blind peer review process, it enables you to have a first objective critical assessment of your paper before its publication.
- It offers you the possibility of disseminating your first "argument" and sharing it with a larger academic and non-academic audience.
- It is quickly published.
- As it is open access with copyright creative common protection, it ensures immediate dissemination online and allows you to measure the number of downloads and visits by countries through our metrics.
- It does not preclude subsequent publication in a book or journal as long as you mention the original draft.
- It offers you the possibility to frame your work within EuroMedMig, an IMISCOE Regional network on Euro-Mediterranean Migration, within the Jean Monnet Network, and institutionally supported by UfM which in turn helps the dissemination of the Working Paper throughout the Mediterranean region.