Main Pillars & Objectives
EuroMedMig is an independent interdisciplinary network of research institutions working on Mediterranean migrations. It is a platform promoting multilateral knowledge production and exchange, as well as a forum and space for exchanges and networking. EuroMedMig has three main pillars of activities:
The five broad objectives are:
- To articulate a systematic, shared, innovative and accessible accumulated corpus of knowledge, capable of developing a Mediterranean Migration research agenda.
- To develop training initiatives and encourage knowledge exchange and collaboration between senior and young researchers, and PhD Students of both sides of the Mediterranean, between researchers and social/policy/political representatives.
- To promote conceptual and methodological advancement for a comprehensive understanding of Mediterranean Migration Studies.
- To promote the potentialities of Migration and Human Mobilities for the economic, cultural, political and social development of the Mediterranean and contribute to a multi-lateral and multi-level approach on Migration policies and Migration Governance in the Mediterranean.
- To place Mediterranean Migration Studies within the global migration agenda.
Four areas of interest:
- Migration and Mediterranean Geo-political international relations
- Migration and Mediterranean Governance and politics
- Migration and Mediterranean Social and Cultural relations
- Migration and Mediterranean Economic and Market relations