Gender and ICT
María de Maeztu Gender & ICT program
The Maria de Maeztu Gender & ICT program, a broad gender strategy at DTIC-UPF in collaboration with many other entities (get to know them below).
- Over 2.000 participants in our #GirlsHacks and courses and support to external programs such as Technovation
- Boys and girls in schools talking about women in ICT in the award-winning Wisibilízalas contest
- Leading professionals mentoring current female engineering students, and UPF researchers mentoring high school students in external programs such as Inspira STEAM and PULSAR.
- Wikimujeres - ViquidonesUPF: An active group filling the gender gap in Wikipedia
- Participation in gender and technology events, including our 2019 Women and Technology events with over 1.000 participants (details)
NEW! FEB - MARCH 2020 - APP INVENTOR WORKSHOPS (first workshop 19/02)
Pyladies meetup 21/10 19:00h - 21:00h, room 55.003. Intro to Python. Details and registration to come here.
divinAI project ( Diversity in Artificial Intelligence).
Summer courses for high-school students in Campus Junior UPF: Girls in Data Science and Feminism: a tool to analyse and transform society
Biomedical Engineering and Data Science Engineering reach parity in enrolment!
Dorcas Muthoni conferred with a doctorate honoris causa by our University to recognise her commitment to fight poverty and equality using technology. Ceremony on December 15th (details)
And more! check the boxes below for details on each of the lines of action.