The Discourse Studies Research Group is formed by faculty and staff from the Department of Translation and Language Sciences at the UPF. The main objective of the group is to articulate a space for training and research whose goals are related to the communicative, cognitive and sociocultural aspects of language and discourse.
The main objectives of the group are:
- Promote the consolidation of research teams to conduct competitive projects.
- Relate their members with researchers from other national and international universities.
- Train young researchers in discourse studies.
- Organize quality interdisciplinary graduate studies.
- Participate in national and international meetings.
- Publish the research in refereed journals.
- Welcome and promote all the initiatives about the scientific knowledge of discourse and encourage their dissemination.