I’m a fourth year PhD Student at the Image Processing Group of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona under the supervision of Coloma Ballester. I obtained a bachelor degree in Audiovisual Systems Engineering from the University Pompeu Fabra and then a M. Sc. degree in Informatics in the Technical University of Munich.
My primary research interest are in the field of image processing and computer vision, more specifically camera artifacts, image and video inpainting using both model-based and machine learning approaches.
From september to december 2019 I was vising the Cambridge Image Analysis Group (CIA) at University of Cambridge working with Carola Bibiane Schönlieb and Simone Parisotto.
From december 2019 to mid April, I was vising the Universidad de la República (Montevideo) working together with Pablo Musé, José Lezama and Guillermo Carbajal.
I am currently doing an internship in Huawei Zurich Research Center.
- [01.02.2021] Single Image Non-uniform Blur Kernel Estimation via Adaptive Basis Decomposition is on arXiv!
- [15.12.2020-] Started an Internship in Huawei Zurich Research Center
- [30.12.2019-15.03.2020] I was visiting the group of "Tratamiento de Imágenes" (Image Processing) at Universidad de la República, Uruguay working with Pablo Musé, José Lezama and Guillermo Carbajal.
- [02.2020] Our work on Semantic Image Completion Through an Adversarial Strategy has been publish in the Communications in Computer and Information Science book series.
- [12.12.2019] I will present ChromaGAN in the DLBCN2019!
- [01.09.2019-01.12.2019] I was vising the Cambridge Image Analysis Group (CIA) at University of Cambridge working with Carola Bibiane Schönlieb and Simone Parisotto.
- [01.10.2019] ChromaGAN's code is avaliable!
- [01.10.2019] ChromaGAN has been accepted in WACV 2020.
- [23.07.2019] ChromaGAN: An adversarial approach for Picture Colorization is on arXiv!
- [16.05.2019] I will be presenting our work on "Generative Peer-to-Peer Face Hallucination" in the WICV workshop at CVPR 2019.
- [27.02.2019] We have recieved the Best Student Paper Award for the paper "Semantic Image Inpainting Through Improved Wasserstein Generative Adversarial Networks" in the 14th International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP/VISIGRAPP).
- [5.12.2018] Our paper in "Semantic Image Inpainting Through Improved Wasserstein Generative Adversarial Networks" has been accepted as oral presentation in the VISAPP 2019.
- [22.10.2018] Our paper in "Automatic Flare Spot Artifacts Detection and Removal in Photographs" has been published in the Journal Mathematical Imaging and Vision.
- [9.10.2018] Coloma Ballester, Adrià Arbués and I have recieved a Prize for Quality in Teaching in the UPF.
- [14.09.2018] I have presented a poster in "Towards artifact-free images thorugh Perceptual Image Restoration" at the PIRM workshop inside the ECCV 2018.
- [14.07.2018] I have attended ICVSS 2018.