Skills to be attained
General. Capacity for:
- managing, analyzing, and synthesizing data and information
- working in interdisciplinary teams and communicating in English with the international scientific community
- generating new ideas autonomously and paying attention to quality
Specific. Capacity for:
- recognizing the socio-economic structure of modern societies
- understanding the most important demographic dynamics affecting societies along individuals' life cycles: fertility, mortality, family formation, migratory flows, aging, etc.
- identifying the most important social phenomena characterizing modern societies: class and gender stratification, social mobility , economic inequalities, etc.
- analyzing and synthesizing the main issues regarding a research question
- finding bibliographic references and data suited to answering a research question
- choosing appropriate variables and building valid and reliable indicators
- organizing and planning research
- using advanced methods and techniques of analysis
- adapting to new problems and questions
- designing and evaluating policies for solving social problems, identifying their weaknesses and strengths