The 8th edition of the RECSM Summer Methods School
June 28 to July 16, 2021
The Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology (RECSM) of the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) announces the 8th edition of the RECSM Summer Methods School (June 28 to July 16th, 2021).
The RECSM Summer Methods School is a three-week intensive program covering diverse topics on survey methodology and advanced statistical analysis of survey data. Participants can create their own program choosing from 17 courses covering different topics.
All courses are taught by leading experts around the world. During the first week, we will offer five introductory courses including three on software programming in R, STATA & Phyton.
- Target group: Professionals, Researchers, and Students, who wish to develop high-quality surveys and employ up-to-date statistical methods for survey data analyses. Potential attendees include survey practitioners, marketing professionals, social science students, and researchers.
- Objective: To provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to design surveys, implement statistical analyses and carry out quantitative research.
Week 1- Introductory courses
June 28 to July 1
- STATA - Jordi Gumà
- R -Toni Rodon
- Python - Tom Paskhalis
- The quantitative methods of empirical social research - Burak Sonmez
- Regression analysis - Danielle Toninelli
July 5 to 9
- Multilevel 1 (Introduction to multilevel models) - Carla Rampichini and Leonardo Grilli
- Causal inference - Bruno Arpino
- Structural Equation Modeling - Terrence D. Jorgensen
- Probability sampling methods - Tarek Al-Baghal
- Multilevel 2 (Analyzing Comparative Longitudinal Survey Data Using Multilevel Models) - Malcolm Fairbrother
July 12 to 16
- Social Networks - Luca De Benedictis
- Big data 1 - Carlos Arcila
- Machine Learning for Social Sciences Christoph Kern
- Experiments in Social Science: Survey experiments - Jordi Muñoz
- Questionnaire design - Wiebke Weber
- Big data 2 (Predictive analytics) - Carlos Arcila