Reuse and enrichment of existing musical digital assets in new applications and distribution channels
Duration: from 1/10/2005 to 31/9/2008
Reference: ECP- 2005 - CULT- 038264
The project VARIAZIONI aims to improve the Musical Metadata Tagging and its quality through the definition of a Common European Musical Metadata and through a collaborative tagging and enrichment process that combine automatic and manual tagging with automatic enrichment using next generation mashup web services.
VARIAZIONI proposes the usage of a collaborative platform where non technical users from cultural institutions can easily catalogue their existing digital assets (multimedia master classes, audio/video concerts, images, scanned documents...) and create enriched contents from the existing contents of other institutions, taking into account IPR and DRM issues. During the reuse process, the metadata of the contents will be extended through a set of related metadata. The focus of the project will be to demonstrate the feasibility of reusing, enriching and integrating contents in different applications (webs, courses...) and new models through the usage of a friendly interfaces and intelligent techniques for reducing cataloguing effort.
The project will setup a content enrichment portal where major European Musical Institutions and User communities will integrate, enrich and reuse existing musical contents and will demonstrate its enrichment (through the development of courses, teaching material, articles, thematic webs, ...). Additionally the project will provide a content enrichment portal for sustainability of content enrichment.
- Fundación Isaac Albéniz (Spain)
- Germinus XXI (Spain)
- Dipartimento di Sistemi e Informatica, Universitá degli Studi di Firenze (Italy)
- Rigel Engineering S.R.L. (Italy)
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Spain)
- Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (Lithuany)
- Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel (KCB), department of Erasmushogeschool Brussel (EHB)
- Escola Superior de Música e das Artes do Espectáculo do Porto (Portugal)
- Sibelius Academy (Finland)
- Association Europeenne des Coservatoires, Academies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC)
- Exitech, Extreme Information Technology S.R.L.(Italy)