Updates on the activities around deep learning are discussed in a specific distribution list. If you would like to be included, please contact aurelio (dot) ruiz upf (dot) edu
- Deep Learning Study Group
- Deep Learning Seminars. Several seminars are organised around Machine Learning in general, and Deep Learning in specific, within the DTIC Seminars, hosting activities of the BCN Machine Learning Study Group or organised ad-hoc. Unless explicitly stated, they are open to anybody interested in joining, and often recorded.
Past seminars and associated materials
Deep Learning Study Group
- Self-organised study group, where participants learn and present several topics linked to deep learning.
- 13/02/2017: Slides Jeremy Barnes - Applications
- 30/01/2017: Slides Cecilia Nunes - Practical Methodology
- 17/01/2017: Slides Jordi Pons - Sequence Modeling (2 of 2)
- 19/12/2016: Slides Miquel Junyent - Sequence Modeling (1 of 2)
- 21/11/2016: Slides Oualid Benkarim - Convolutional Networks (1 of 2)
- 07/11/2016: Slides Gabriel Bernardino - Optimization for Training Deep Models (2 of 2)
- 24/10/2016: Slides Olga Slizovskaia - Optimization for Training Deep Models (1 of 2)
- 26/09/2016: Slides Constantine Butakoff - Regularization for Deep Learning (1 of 2)
- 08/09/2016: Slides Andrea Insabato - Deep Forward Networks (2 of 2)
- 20/06/2016: Slides Ramón Nogueira - Deep Forward Networks (1 of 2)
- 23/05/2016: Slides Gerard Sanromà - Key Concepts in Numerical Computations and Machine Learning
Deep Learning and Data Science Seminars
- 22/03/2017 19:00h, room 52.033 (BCN ML Study Group)
H20 Deep Water - Making Deep Learning Accessible to Everyone. Jo-fai, data scientist at H20.ai
More than words: Machine learning applied to Marketing. Cristina Aranda. Intelygenz & MujeresTech.
Machine learning in industry: textbooks vs real life. José A. Rodríguez. BBVA Big Data Research
- 02/11/2016 19:00h (BCN ML study group). Room 52.023
What matters and what doesn't? The machine learning challenges in online adds. Nicolas le Roux, Criteo.
- 28/09/2016, 12:00h (DTIC Seminars). Room 55.410
- 15/06/2016, 19:00h (BCN ML study group)
Big Crisis Data - an exciting frontier for applied computing. Carlos Castillo, Director of Research for Data Mining, Eurecat (Video)
- 13/06/2016, 11:00h (room 55.410). Internal seminar
- 24/05/2016, 19:00h (BCN ML study group)
- 10/05/2016, 15:30h (DTIC Seminar)
- 29/04/2016, 11:00h (GRIB at CEXS-UPF Seminar)
Incremental Unsupervised Training of Deep Architectures. Davide Maltoni, University of Bologna
- 25/04/2016, 15:30h (room 55.230, internal DTIC-UPF seminar)
Real-Time Stochastic Optimal Control for Multi-agent Quadrotor Systems
- 03/03/2016, 15:30h (DTIC Seminars)
Deep Learning. Alexandros Karatzoglou, Telefónica Research
- 26/02/2016, 11:00h (GRIB at CEXS-UPF Seminar)
Deep Neural Networks and Reinforcement Learning for Building Intelligent Machines. Silvia Chiappa, Google Deep Mind, UK.
- 25/02/2016, 19:00h (BCN ML Study Group)