Baccalaureate students of all secondary education institution around Catalonia can aim for the Award.
The research projects must be selected and presented by the center's management team where the contender student or students are studying. There can only be one research project that's a contender for the Award for each institution. The projects must be original and unpublished. Already awarded projects cannot be presented.
The research projects must be presented with two version (a printed and a digital version). If the project contains materials of any other format these also have to be attached.
Projects with an interdisciplinary approach in the humanities field will be especially valued. Originality, creativity, academic rigour, as well as relevance, and appropriateness of the topic will be valued.
Every project will be presented in an envelope or closed package in which "Premi Francesc Noy d'Humanitats de la UPF al Millor Treball de Recerca de Batxillerat en Humanitats" and the author's pseudonym can be read. In the project itself only the author's pseudonym will appear. Inside the package, in a different sheet of paper, the following information will be listed:
- Pseudonym, name, surnames, address, and telephone number of the contender student/s.
- Name and surnames of the director or baccalaureate coordinator of the institution, and those of the teacher that acted as tutor of the project.
- Contact telephone number and e-mail addresses of the institution and the project tutor.
- Name and address of the institution.
- Approval of the insitution management board, including signatures and stamps.
The presentation terms ends on April 17th, 2020.
The Award jury will be composed of five teachers of the Humanities of the Pompeu Fabra University and will be presided by the Faculty's dean. The jury's decision is unappealable. The jury will solve any matter that is not stated in these bases.
The prizes awarded in this edition will be:
- First prize for the best project: 600€, e-Book, and diploma.
- Two Special Mentions: 300€, set of books, and diploma.
- Seven finalists: diploma.
All projects will be presented following either of the following options:
- Through certified mail to the following address:
Premi Francesc Noy d'Humanitats al Millor Treball de Recerca de Batxillerat en Humanitats
Secretaria de la Facultat d'Humanitats (despatx 20.273)
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27
- Hand delivered in the office 20.273 (Jaume I building, in the previous address), from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 1:30 pm and from Monday to Thursday from 4 pm to 5:30 pm.
The list of finalist will be published in the Faculty website (http://www.upf.edu/web/humanitats)
THE PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN IN THE POMPEU FABRA UNIVERSITY HUMANITIES FACULTY ON May 15 of 2020 at sala polivalent 24S18, Mercè Rodoreda building, at 13 pm.
The students can recover the non-awarded projects until Semptember 30rd , 2020 in the Humanities Faculty Secretary.
Participating in the contest implies accepting these bases.