Scholarships & Fees
For the Academic Year 2024-2025, the tuition fee is €9,000/year.
Self-funded students must pay tuition fees, travel and living expenses. These students can apply during the last application period only (see application dates in the section "Application & Selection").
For the second cohort (2024 - 2026), the EMAI Academic Programme Committee will select:
- 15 students with full Erasmus Mundus Scholarships (EMS)
- 15 students who will be full fee-waivers
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships (EMS)
The Erasmus+ programme provides EU-funded scholarships to students whom the consortia have selected. The EMAI Consortium will offer approximately 15 EMS that span over a period of two years. Eligibility for these EMS is determined based on the criteria set forth by the Erasmus Programme. For a comprehensive understanding of the eligibility requirements, it is recommended to refer to the Erasmus Plus Programme Guide available on their website.
The EMS is paid as a monthly non-taxable stipend of 1400€ for the entire length of the programme (24 months). It covers all student participation costs (including the tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to student participation in the course), a contribution to student travel and installation costs and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMAI programme.
If you are offered an EMS, you will be given 3 to 5 days to accept our offer. If you do not accept our offer, your EMS will be provided to the next ranked student. The first EMS payment will only be made after you arrive in Barcelona for the first semester of the EMAI programme.
- Students with nationality from any of the list of eligible countries.
- Students who have previously obtained an EMJM scholarship or an Erasmus Mundus Master Course/Joint Doctorate scholarship are not eligible to apply for an additional EMS.
- EMS holders cannot benefit from another EU-funded scholarship scheme to follow the same course, which is for the entire course period.
- A Full Fee Waiver covers the costs of the Tuition Fees for the first and second years of study.
- It also includes participation in all activities related to the EMAI programme without additional fees and two-year health insurance.
Other funding opportunities
Since the EMAI has limited EMS, we encourage potential candidates to look for alternative options, such as national grants. Below, you can find some possibilities that may be of interest.
Grants & Scholarships