- Research and develop new methods of creating sentient agents with highly realistic facial and bodily appearance,
- Research and develop ways of endowing the agent with a high degree of emotional sensitivity as the basis for interactions with users, with lifelike behaviours that evolve over time.
- Research and test paradigms for interaction with a highly realistic digital character in augmented and virtual environments, with security and trust in the identity of the virtual agent.
- Specify and develop tools and a pipeline for the efficient creation of sentient agents, with APIs to integrate different functional components and use the agent in interfaces on a range of devices.
- Integrate the system components and deploy them on both high-end professional and consumer level devices.
- Create a range of use cases, test and evaluate experiences and interfaces incorporating the prototype sentient agent on different consumer-level and professional devices.
- Demonstrate and promote concepts and prototypes to the media, entertainment and creative industries, and communicate results to the public.