We are interested in the development of models and algorithms for image processing and computer vision. Our main lines of work are focused in:
3D reconstruction and view synthesis for sport events and 3D Television and cinema
- Depth computation and 3D reconstruction, shape from silhouette, new view synthesis, inpainting methods for new view synthesis, processing of data for 3D Television.
Development of tools for digital video post-production
- Image and video denoising, super-resolution, video editing, image and video inpainting, segmentation, tracking, motion estimation, de-interlacing, video format conversion, film post-production algorithms, level lines selection for segmentation, compression and coding.
Object identification including logo detection
- Affine invariant object recognition, logo detection.
Color image processing and digital photography
- Image fusion, perceptual-based color enhancement, tone mapping, HDR imaging techniques.
Variational models for image processing and computer vision
- Development of numerical methods and optimization methods for optical flow and depth computation and its GPU implementation.
Applied Mathematics: geometric partial differential equations
- Flux limited diffusion equations, interface motion by curvature and variational principles for transport and irrigation networks.