Centre Quality Commission
The UCA Humanities Department has as its highest management and teaching quality control body the Quality Commission, created on 8 July 2014 under the name of the Internal Monitoring and Accreditation Commission (CISA), a mixed commission delegated by the Faculty Board and the Department Council. The functions of this committee are as follows:
- To promote the continuous improvement of the degrees taught at the centre by analysing their academic results and satisfaction, and proposing the necessary actions to ensure the quality of teaching.
- Approving the accreditation self-reports and the monitoring reports of the bachelor's and master's degree courses taught at the faculty.
- To participate in the preparation of the centre's SGIQ and to monitor and update it, prior to its ratification by the Faculty Board and Department Council.
- To guarantee the suitability, organisation and quality of the processes that form part of the centre's SGIQ and of the valid indicators for its review and improvement.
- Promote, facilitate and ensure that the quality of the bachelor's and master's degree courses taught at the centre is systematically assessed and that the support and information elements that make this possible are available.
- The director or head of the unit: Albert Garcia Balañà
- The dean of the centre: Josep M. Castellà
- The head of quality at the centre: Marició Janué
- The teaching coordinator of the Bachelor's Degree in Humanities: Eduard Cairol
- The teaching coordinator of the Bachelor's Degree in Global Studies: Rosa Cerarols
- The teaching coordinator of the University Master's Degree in Asia-Pacific Studies in a Global Context: Alex Coello
- The teaching coordinator of the University Master's Degree in World History: Jorge Luengo
- The teaching coordinator of the University Master's Degree in Comparative Studies in Literature, Art and Thought: Miquel Berga
- The teaching coordinator of the PhD programme in Humanities: Domingo Ródenas
- The teaching coordinator of the PhD programme in History: Josep M. Fradera
- The Head of the Administrative Secretariat of the Centre: Miquel Sánchez
- A representative of the OTQ: Remei Ardébol
- A maximun of two representatives of the teaching staff (especially with responsibility for internships, end-of-degree projects, mobility, etc.): Hélène Rufat, Xavier Ferrer
- Three student representatives (undergraduate and postgraduate): Jordi Calvo, Jesus Gallar, Paola Accetta
Sessions and agreements
- Session July 20, 2020: Minutes of the session
- Session December 3, 2019: Minutes of the session
- Session February 27, 2018: Minutes of the session
Centre Quality Responsible
The person in charge of quality at the faculty is the Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Humanities with responsibility for Innovation and Quality. His/her functions are as follows:
- Promoting the design, deployment and monitoring of the centre's Internal Quality Assurance System.
- To act as a liaison between the coordinators of the centre's bachelor's, master's and doctoral programmes, making them aware of the guidelines and requirements that must be met in terms of quality assurance.
- Formulate, based on the analysis of the academic and satisfaction indicators, proposals for action that will feed into the centre's improvement plan and ensure the teaching quality of the studies taught.
- To monitor the status of the proposals for improvement for which different positions in the centre are responsible, with the aim of guaranteeing the correct execution and performance of their objective.