I am an associate professor of Economics at Universitat Pompeu Fabra and the Barcelona GSE.
I did my PhD in Economics at the University of California San Diego (USA), and my BA (Diplom Volkswirt) at the Universität Hamburg (Germany). I have held positions as visiting professor or post-doc at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv University, Aix-Marseille University, Université Catholique de Louvain, Université de Lausanne, Northwestern University, and European University Institute, Florence.
My research is in the fields of Game Theory, Bounded Rationality, Microeconomics, Media Economics, Communication, Cooperation and Inequality.
- "Entropy, Directionality Theory and the Evolution of Income Inequality" Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 198, 15-43, 2022.
- "Opinion Dynamics via Search Engines (and Other Algorithmic Gatekeepers)" (with Francesco Sobbrio) Journal of Public Economics, 187, 104188, 2020.
- "Time Scarcity and the Market for News" (with Larbi Alaoui) Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 174, 173-19, 2020.
- "Uncertain Rationality, Depth of Reasoning and Robustness in Games with Incomplete Information" (with Jonathan Weinstein and Peio Zuazo-Garin) Theoretical Economics, 15(1), 89-122, 2020.
- "The Few-Get-Richer: A Surprising Consequence of Popularity-Based Rankings?" (with Vicenç Gómez and Gaël Le Mens) WWW'19: The World Wide Web Conference, 2764-2770, 2019.