Context-aware Multilingual Text Simplification
ConMuTeS ( Context-aware Multilingual Text Simplification ) is a research project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation to advance the state of the art in the field of automatic text simplification by providing a novel method of simplification which takes into account the context in which the information to be simplified occurs. Our project will address the following objectives:
- Carry out research related to the topic of context-aware text simplification.
- Develop new methods for the simplification of texts in Spanish and English based on an empirical approach.
- Assess the effect of context and readability information as essential components to inform text simplification.
- Evaluate the developed methods against current state of the art system by relying on available benchmarking datasets.
- Evaluate the result of the simplification system by relying on human informants.