Theoretical and Cognitive Neuroscience, Moreno Bote Lab
Connecting Brain to Mind with Computational Neuroscience
How do we perceive and decide? Neuroscientists study the brain to understand how we perceive time, make confident decisions or simulate the future. With new theories and recording techniques, the time is ripe for the uncovering of the neuronal mechanisms that define and limit our cognition and self.
In our lab we combine computational and cognitive neuroscience to theorize above and study the neuronal mechanisms that underlie cognitive functions. Physics, machine learning, psychology and neuroscience are used to understand the computational principles of the brain.
Brains and Minds in the group
'Old' Brains and Minds
We almost always have PhD and Post-Doc positions available. Please, inquire!
- Interview at Ethic. June 2021
- Interview by the journalist Elina Makri. May 2021
- Belen de Sancristobal, congrats for your faculty position at ELISAVA! September 2020
- Ignasi Cos, congrats for your faculty position at UB! March 2019
- An honor: inaugural talk of the Dept. of Neurosciences in the Univ. of Chile. October 2018
- Interview in La Contra, La Vanguardia. June 2018
- Alexandre Hyafil, awarded with a Ramón y Cajal Fellowship. Congrats! June 2018
- Belén Sancristobal, awarded with a La Caixa post-doctoral fellowship to come to our lab. Congrats! March 2018
- The prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Institute funds our research. In the press La Vanguardia. Interview in La Vanguardia. May 2017
- The prestigious ICREA Academia funds our research.
- Our group in the press ABC, La Vanguardia, El Punt Avui. March 2017
- Belén Sancristobal, a new post-doc in the lab, welcome! January 2017
- We congratulate Alex Hyafil for his Joven Investigador fellowship, he will join us in April 2017
- The Schmitt Foundation funds our group and David Samu, a new post-doc in the lab. June 2016
- Our group in the newspapers link & link. March 2016
- FLAG ERA project funded. Oct 2015
- We congratulate Gabriela Mochol for getting a Juan de la Cierva Award. She will join the lab soon as a post-doc. Sep 2015
- I just arrived to the UPF as a Serra Húnter Professor. Wish me luck in my new teaching duties! Sep 2015
Rubén Moreno Bote
Serra Húnter Professor
Center for Brain and Cognition & DTIC
Edifici Mercè Rodoreda 24 (campus de la Ciutadella)
Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27
Department of Information and Communications Technologies - Center for Brain and Cognition
+0034 935 422 634