SURFsara, Amsterdam invites you to the PRACE training course: Parallel and GPU Programming in Python.
- Date: Monday 10 December 2018, 09:00 - Tuesday 11 December 2018, 17:30
- Registration deadline: Thursay 6 December 2018
- Venue: SURFsara, Room VK1/VK2. Amsterdam Science Park, Science Park 140, 1098 XG Amsterdam
- Level: Basic-Intermediate
- Language: English
- Event Page: https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/783/
Python has become a very popular programming language for scientific computing in the recent years, and at the same time the effective use of heterogeneous architectures presents important challenge for future parallel applications. Therefore, this course covers the necessary requirements to address parallel programming on both CPU and GPU systems using Python tools.
The main topics will include best practices for parallel programming, description of the different memory architectures and many hands-on sessions developed in the SURFsara supercomputing facilities, where some of the most popular Python parallel programming libraries will be introduced. These include:
- numba - A powerful translator of Python code for high performance scientific programming
- PyCUDA - Addressing GPU programming with CUDA
- mpi4py - Providing MPI support for parallel programming.
We are looking forward to meeting you at the course.