(This translation into English is of an informative nature. The official version is originally in Catalan.)
One. The Programme of Courses for Foreign Nationals shall be called the UPF Study Abroad Programme.
The courses on offer within this programme fall into the following categories:
- The Hispanic and European Study Programme (PEHE), which will be governed by the regulations attached as an appendix hereto.
- The range of language courses offered by the PEI: Spanish and Catalan for foreign nationals and the Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language offered by the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science.
- Tailored courses.
- Courses with regular subjects from study programmes.
The programme is supplemented with the hiring out of classrooms and offices, and the participation of UPF teaching staff in courses organised directly by universities or foreign university organisations in Barcelona.
Two. The University will enter into the respective cooperation agreements with universities or foreign university organisations taking part in the programme. Such agreements will lay out the terms and conditions for cooperation, as well as the financial terms thereof.
Three. A UPF Study Abroad Programme Committee is set up in order to oversee the quality of agreements established within the programme. Said Committee will decide on the courses to be offered to students of the universities or university organisations taking part in the programme. The Committee will be formed by:
- The vice-rector in charge of promotion, who shall act as president.
- The vice-rector for International Relations.
- The deans of the faculties of Economics and Business, Humanities and Translation and Interpretation or the lecturers appointed by the former to represent them.
- The academic coordinator of the programme.
- The director of the International Relations Area, who shall act as secretary.
Four. It is incumbent on the academic coordinator of the programme to act as representative for participating foreign universities and to coordinate activities with the deans and directors of centres, study programmes and departments, with the academic management of the PEI and with the tutor in charge of the Hispanic Study Programme.
The academic coordinator of the programme shall be appointed by the rector from among the full-time academic staff of UPF. In terms of remuneration, this position will be associated with the post of dean.
Final provision. The resolution of the Board of Governors dated 6 February 2001, creating the Programme of Courses for Foreign Nationals, is hereby rendered null and void.