Is the admissions process compulsory to register for the PhD programme?

Yes. Before your first annual registration process, you must to be admitted: Eligibility requirements.


What are the entry requirements?

PhD programme specific requirements: having a project, a research group and a thesis supervisor that you may find by yourself. Academic regulation.


Registration process, when it will take place?

In October. Students must register each academic year until the submission of the PhD dissertation. For further information: Annual enrolment.


How to enter the Global Campus for the first time?

1st follow these steps to get your user code:

  1. Go to
  2. Link (top right) Global Campus
  3. Go to "You don't knoe or can't remember your code?" (bottom right)
  4. Inform surname and year of birth
  5. Your co-user (U_ _ _ _ _) will be the same forever and can be retrieved whenever you need following the same steps.

Your 1st default password is the full date of birth in this format: ddmmyyyy

The system will force you to customise the password the 1st time.


If you forget the password for the Global Campus, you need to:

  1. Go to
  2. Link (top right) Global Campus
  3. Go to "Did you forget your password?" (bottm right)


How to access CAU if you don't have a UPF user?

  1. Go to the main page of CAU, select the area where you want to open the request and there click on Other users.
  2. Click on Registra't (Register) button.
  3. Fill in the Adreça electrònica (with a non-University email address), Contrasenya (Password), and Nom complet (Full Name) fields.
  4. Click on Registra't (Register) button.
  5. You will access the CAU directly and you will be able to open your requests.


When should I submit the doctoral thesis to avoid payment of next academic year's tuition fees?

If you submit your thesis any working day of September, you don't need to enrol the new academic year. 

Exceptionally for COVID reasons, if you submit before November 30th you must enrol but without economic cost (please notify before enrolling).


How can I get my student card?

If you do not have the student card, you should ask for an appointment through "Appointment for obtaining or renewing your UPF card" Please, the appointment day bring your DNI (original) or, in case of foreigners, your NIE or Passport (original)
Further information about the student card


If you are thinking about Publishing in Scientific Journals:

Please bear these recommendations in mind
Visit also (only in Catalan): Discounts for publishing in open access at BioMed Central, Chemistry Central and SpringerOpen


Do you need help to face agression or harassment?

Against sexist violence and LGBTI+phobia
Have you suffered a situation of sexist or LGBTI-goic violence at the UPF?

Do you know any case? Contact us!


      Equality Agent: Lluïsa Rojas ([email protected])

      Telephone: 93 542 29 41

      Office: 40,067 (Ed. Roger de Llúria - Campus de la Ciutadella)

      Hours: Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.


PhD Students Committee

There is a Committee to tutor and help doctoral students. This committee evaluates relation ship problems and helps in case of need following specific protocols. 

You can ask for a meeting by mail: