EUTOPIA-SIF Post Doctoral Fellowships
EUTOPIA-SIF Post Doctoral Fellowships
The UPF, as part of EUTOPIA University Alliance, is one of the hosting institutions
The aim of the EUTOPIA-SIF programme is to enhance the research potential and career perspectives of outstanding young researchers from around the world.
EUTOPIA-SIF post-doctoral fellows will be recruited by one of the EUTOPIA universities (host university) on the basis of an individual research project and the quality of their academic profile for a 24-month post-doctoral contract with highly attractive conditions. The selected candidates from the 2020/21 call will start their positions in September 2021.
UTOPIA-SIF fellowships offer the opportunity to high-profile young researchers to develop their own research project in the stimulating academic environment of the EUTOPIA Alliance. Extensive research mobility is integral to the fellowships with two compulsory secondment periods: one at another EUTOPIA university (co-host university) and one with an external academic or non-academic partner institution with the aim of fostering the fellows’ entrepreneurial spirit, tangible research impact and innovation. Furthermore, fellows will access a rich training programme, career guidance and academic supervision.
Who can apply
Recognised Researchers (stage 2 in the EURAXESS definition), PhD holder or equivalent, of any nationality, complying with the MSCA-COFUND mobility rule. No seniority condition applies; however, candidates cannot hold a permanent research position.
Applicants are entirely free in the design of their research project. However, they must indicate one or more of the programme’s Key Research Areas to characterize their project. All disciplines, and namely applications from the Arts and Humanities, are welcomed, in connection with EUTOPIA-SIF Key Research Areas.
MSCA Mobility Rule
EUTOPIA-SIF fellows must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the date of appointment.
MSCA COFUND EUTOPIA-SIF is a highly competitive programme offering very attractive conditions to young researchers for research excellence and career development:
- 2-year employment contract as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND fellow at one of the EUTOPIA universities, with a monthly average gross salary of 4 349 € and a supplementary budget for research and travel expenses.
- Full academic freedom to pursue your research project in the state-of-the art infrastructures of EUTOPIA research centers and in a stimulating interdisciplinary and international academic community.
- International and intersectoral mobility through secondment periods at the fellow’s EUTOPIA-SIF co-host university and with an external secondment host, which can either be an international academic institution or a non-academic partner. More than 45 companies, local authorities and non-profit organizations actively support the programme, encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Extensive training programme including transferable skills development, such as academic leadership, and active career mentoring by senior academic supervisors.
- Attractive living conditions and high quality of life offered by the local environments of all EUTOPIA universities. Each university will actively support fellows and their families for mobility-related queries.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a fellowship at the MTG, please contact the head of the lab that may be of interest to you as soon as possible. For general information you can contact [email protected]
Deadline for submissions: January 11th, 2021
More information about EUTOPIA-SIF Post Doctoral Fellowships: https://eutopia-university.eu/2020/09/24/eutopia-sif/
The EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowship Programme has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement n. 945380. The EUTOPIA-SIF programme is coordinated by CY Cergy Paris Université.