September 12th 2017, 16h.
Auditorium, Roc Boronat 138, Barcelona.
Registration is free but required here.
Great minds, 3 minutes, 1 day.
The Falling Walls Lab is a challenging, inspiring and interdisciplinary format for outstanding talents. It offers the opportunity to excellent academics and professionals to present their innovative ideas, research projects and social initiatives.
Each participant is asked to present his/her work in 3 minutes. All disciplines are welcome. A prestigious jury from science and business awards the best participants. The winner qualifies directly to the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin.Moderated by: Guillermo Orts Gil (FECYT/MINECO)
- Chair (without vote): Xavier Serra (DTIC-UPF)
- Oriol Alcoba (ESADECREAPOLIS), Esther Paniagua (Freelance Science Journalist), Ángel Sánchez (i-deals), Luca Venza (IESE), Montserrat Vendrell (Alta Life Sciences), plus popular vote from attendants and followers via streaming offered in this same page (#FWLabBCN17).
- Diana Patricia Alvarado Solano (Palacký University Olomouc). Breaking the Wall of land use and climate change in my region. Resilient and adaptive landscape to climate change.
- Aissa Arous (National Research Council - IVALSA). Breaking the Wall of water deficit. Exploitation of HTP for saving water and yield.
- Yoran Beldengrün (IQAC-CSIC). Breaking the Wall of scientists. Scientists break walls, we help building bridges.
- Martí Busquets (Applied Nanoparticles SL). Breaking the Wall of climate change. Boosting biogas production with Nanotechnology.
- Angela Delcast (UAB). Breaking the Wall of gender inequality and empowering women. Femiwho: who's who in the feminist world.
- Francisco José Eiroa Orosa (University of Barcelona). Breaking the Wall of professionals' stigma in mental health. Promoting shared spaces for mental health recovery.
- Ignacio Funes Ardoiz (ICIQ). Breaking the Wall of energy production. Water as a fuel source? Check it computationally!
- Ana García Díaz (Univ. Complutense). Breaking the Wall of freedom of education. Powerful ideas in the journey towards excellence.
- G. Anthony Giannoumis (Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences). Breaking the Wall of web accessibility for disabled persons. Turning struggle into opportunity.
- Steven Gottlieb (CSIC). Breaking the Wall of ... Gordon Moore. Imagine that future computers build themselves.
- Lela Mélon (UPF). Breaking the Wall of shareholder value maximization. The shareholder value maximization as a myth.
- Marcela Munoz (Instituto Universitário de Lisboa ISCTE). Breaking the Wall of inequalities urban settings. Urban transformations with planning innovations.
- Marta Pimenta de Brito (Instituto Universitário de Lisboa ISCTE). Breaking the Wall of Ageism. Train, reuse, create and map intergenerationally.
- Emre Ozan Polat (ICFO). Breaking the Wall of personal health monitoring. Wearable wellness patches showing health status.
- Maria Rauschenberger (DTIC-UPF). Breaking the Wall of dyslexia. A tool with the potential to change children life.
- Emiliano Salvagni (IQAC-CSIC). Breaking the Wall of eye infections due to contact lenses. Soft contact lenses with antibacterial activity.
- Nivas Selvaraj (University of Aveiro). Breaking the Wall of lead based devices. New world, green materials with clean environment.
- Zacharias Vamvakousis (DTIC-UPF). Breaking the Wall of accessibility in playing music. Everybody should have access to playing music.
- Amilcar Vargas (University of Barcelona). Breaking the Wall of participation in world heritage sites. Participation in World Heritage is urgently needed.
- Víctor Vilarrasa (CSIC). Breaking the Wall of geo-energies. Develop techniques to anticipate felt earthquakes.