When applying for the Master of Research in Political Science, you can opt for a double degree programme. This gives you the unique opportunity to study in two different countries, receiving a Master degree from each university. This will help you to analyze political and social phenomena from different angles and to develop inter-cultural skills. Furthermore, being a student in two leading political science departments will strengthen your prospects for your future academic or professional career.
The Master of Research in Political Science offers double degree programmes in cooperation with the following partners:
University of Konstanz, Germany
- The European Master in Government (EMiG) is the double degree programme offered by the Department of Political and Social Sciences of Pompeu Fabra University and the Department of Political Sciences and Administration of the University of Konstanz.
- Students spend one year at each university and write a joint Master thesis. All classes are taught in English.
- They receive a master's degree diploma from each one of them ("Master of Arts in Public Administration" from the University of Konstanz and "'Master of Research in Political Science" from Pompeu Fabra University).
- Students can start the programme either in Barcelona or in Konstanz.
- More information on this programme is available here.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- The TransAtlantic Masters Programme (TAM) is organized by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It is a two-year programme in which students have the opportunity to study one year at the University of North Carolina and one year in a partner university, such as Pompeu Fabra University.
- Students who want to follow this programme must apply at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- For more information, see the website of the TransAtlantic Masters Programme.