Back Job opportunities
Would you like to be part of our team? We have three open positions for researchers and a database manager!
Our project has just started and we are looking for three talented researchers to be part of our team!
We are looking for two project researchers to work in the compilation of archaeological data from Brazil and Colombia, identification of sites from remote sensing data, and spatial analysis. The successful candidates will:
- Compile archaeological data from Brazil and/or Colombia based on publications and heritage agency databases; ntegrate the data into the project’s database;
- Systematically analyze remote sensing data (satellite imagery) from selected areas in Brazil and/or Colombia to identify potential new sites and assess the condition of previously recorded sites;
- Develop predictive models of site distribution using environmental data;
- Liaise with project partners responsible for automating endangered site detection to provide them with archaeological data and feedback.
We are also looking for a database manager whose primary tasks will be:
- Development of the project’s database architecture and structure;
- Constant maintenance and customization of the database, adapting it to the particularities of the South American archaeological data - Integration of the database into Arches (https://www.archesproject.org/);
- Performing database maintenance, migration, and upgrades;
- Cooperation with database managers of other Arcadia-funded projects to establish common protocols, as well as with the Arches developers.