- Banks and Development: Jewish Communities in the Italian Renaissance and Current Economic Performance, 2016, the Review of Economics and Statistics, 98(1), pp. 140-158.
Media Coverage: The Economist, Daily Mail, Jerusalem Post, Jewish Business News, i24news,JSpaceNews, Canadian Jewish News, Aurora Israel (Spanish), Atlantico (French), Salom (Turkish), KP.ru (Russian), Naked Science (Russian), Sputnick Polska (Polish), OdaTv (Turkish), Elu24 (Estonian).
- The Wind of Change: Maritime Technology, Trade and Economic Development, 2017, the American Economic Review, 107(9), pp. 2821-54.
- Religion, Division of Labor and Conflict: Anti-Semitism in German Regions over 600 Years, 2019, with S. Becker, the American Economic Review, 109(5), pp. 1764-1804.
- The Origin of the State: Land Productivity or Appropriability?, 2020, with J. Mayshar and O. Moav. Revision Requested by the Journal of Political Economy.
Media Coverage: Washington Post, Financial Times, Haaretz (Hebrew), La Vanguardia (Spanish), Barcelona GSE Focus, Mostly Economics, Naked Capitalism, War in Context, InsTED, Folha de S. Paulo (Portoguese), El Diario (Spanish).
- Productivity and the Welfare of Nations, 2020, with S. Basu, F. Schiantarelli and L. Serven, NBER Discussion Paper. Revision Requested by the Journal of European Economic Association.
- Wars, Taxation and Representation: Evidence from Five Centuries of German History, 2020, with S. Becker, A. Ferrara and E. Melander. Under revision.
- The Use of Archaeological Data in Economics, 2020, with A. Matranga, in the Handbook of Historical Economics (eds: A. Bisin and G. Federico), Elsevier.
- Maritime Technology, Trade, and Economic Development. Evidence from the First Era of Trade Globalization, 2017, in The Long Economic and Political Shadow of History (eds: S. Michalopoulos and E. Papaioannou), CEPR Press.
- Tax Systems and Tax Reforms in South and East Asia: Japan, 2016, in Tax systems and tax reforms in South East Asia (eds: L. Bernardi, A. Fraschini and P. Shome), Routledge, International Studies in Money and Banking, London.
For updates check my new website: www.luigipascali.com