- Banks and Development: Jewish Communities in the Italian Renaissance and Current Economic Performance, 2016, the Review of Economics and Statistics, 98(1), pp. 140-158.
*Media Coverage: The Economist, Daily Mail, Jerusalem Post, Jewish Business News, i24news,JSpaceNews, Canadian Jewish News, Aurora Israel (Spanish), Atlantico (French), Salom (Turkish), KP.ru (Russian), Naked Science (Russian), Sputnick Polska (Polish), OdaTv (Turkish), Elu24 (Estonian).
- The Wind of Change: Maritime Technology, Trade and Economic Development, 2017, the American Economic Review, 107(9), pp. 2821-54.
- Religion, Division of Labor and Conflict: Anti-Semitism in German Regions over 600 Years, with S. Becker, the American Economic Review, Forthcoming.
- Cereals, Appropriability and Hierarchy, 2018, with J. Mayshar, O. Moav and Z. Neeman. Revision Requested on the Journal of Political Economy.
*Media Coverage: Washington Post, Financial Times, Haaretz (Hebrew), La Vanguardia (Spanish), Barcelona GSE Focus, Mostly Economics, Naked Capitalism, War in Context, InsTED, Folha de S. Paulo (Portoguese), El Diario (Spanish).
- Productivity and the Welfare of Nations, 2012, with S. Basu, F. Schiantarelli and L. Serven, NBER Discussion Paper. Revision Requested on the Journal of European Economic Association.
- Wars, Taxation and Representation: Evidence from Six Centuries of German History, 2018, with S. Becker, A. Ferrara and E. Melander.
- Determinants of Vertical Integration: Trade Policy, Contracts and Technology, 2009, Boston College Discussion Paper.
- Pascali, L. “Tax Systems and Tax Reforms in South and East Asia: Japan”, 2006, in Bernadi L., Fraschini A. and Shome P., “Tax systems and tax reforms in South East Asia”, Routledge, International Studies in Money and Banking, London.
- Measuring Effective Tax Rates on Risky Assets, 2004, Bocconi University-Econpubblica Discussion Paper