The department of Political and Social Sciences is an academic community of full and associate professors, lecturers, teaching assistants, scholarship holders and doctoral students who teach and carry out research in the fields of political and administration science, sociology and social psychology.
The faculty of this department is heterogeneous, composed by a balanced combination of senior and junior academics, visiting lecturers from foreign universities, and professionals working in the Administration or in the private sector and who bring in their experience as part-time lecturers.
The department stands out for its strong international composition, its dynamism in research funded competitive projects, the quality of its graduate programmes, its support to students mobility and exchange and its transversal educational activities.
The research groups are the following:
- Institutions and Political Actors
- Health Inequalities, Environment - Employment Conditions Network (GREDS-EMCONET)
- Research and Expertise Center for Survey Methodology (RECSM)
- Interdisciplinary Research Group on Immigration (GRITIM)
- Political Theory
- Sociodemographics Research Group - DemoSoc
- Johns Hopkins University - Pompeu Fabra University Public Policy Center