The Research Group on Sensing in Physiology and Biomedicine is part of the Center for Autonomous Systems and Neuro-Robotics and is co-led by Dr. Oscar Cámara and Dr. Bart Bijnens. The group focuses on integrating engineering/physics knowledge with physiology in order to provide an interdisciplinary research environment.
The main research lines are:
- Develop, validate and use computational approaches to measure and simulate physiological processes.
- Develop and deploy mathematical and computational tools for describing and comparing complex geometries and their transformations in order to quantify biological organs and tissues.
- Combine physiological, metabolic and anatomical knowledge and measurements to understand and stage diseases and to propose and evaluate therapies.
- Develop innovative signal analysis techniques to quantify biomedical processes and their time course.
- Explore the use of bioelectrical phenomena in the context of anatomical and physiological knowledge and personalised information for developing new methods and devices for biomedical diagnostics and therapies.