The Research Group on Natural Language Processing is part of the Center for Autonomous Systems and Neuro-Robotics of Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) and is led by Dr. Leo Wanner. The group focuses on multilingual natural language generation, summarization, language-oriented machine learning, and computational lexicology. Special focus is put on application-oriented NLP and synergies with other fields of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence.
The main research lines are:
- Multilingual Document generation
- Computational Lexicology / lexicography
- Language-oriented Machine Learning
- Automatic Text Summarization and Abstracting
- Automatic Text Simplification
- Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining